Despite official support for the construction materials
industry, by 1985 production of building materials still
short of government hopes. In 1988 the government was
rehabilitating the Angolan Cement Company (EmprÍsa de
Angola -- Cimangola), which accounted for 90 percent of
production. Cimangola was founded in 1954 and was declared
enterprise after independence, with part-Danish ownership.
Cimangola produced 582,300 tons of cement, but in 1985 it
only 183,600 tons. In 1988 the government was planning to
production capacity of the Cimangola plant on the
Luanda through the installation of another kiln, bringing
production capacity up to 750,000 tons.
Data as of February 1989